Professional, results oriented Presales Engineer and Consultant with a proven track record within the software industry, combining high-level sales and marketing knowledge with deep operational experience, technical savvy and cross-functional communication skills. Extensive experience supporting sales initiatives, managing customer relationships, handling customer service calls and consultations, and maximizing client ROI on software solutions.
RELEVANT SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
COMPUWARE 1996 to 2013
Sales Engineer / Consultant / Trainer
- Helped close minimum $2 million dollar sales 13 years in a row.
- Contributed to a team that achieved a minimum 95 percent maintenance renewal.
- Held Discover Meetings with current and potential clients to discover client issues, concerns and sales opportunities.
- Delivered high-impact presentations, trained clients, staff and c-level executives on various solutions, concepts and best practices.
- Worked with Multiple Projects/Clients simultaneously.
- Facilitated customers and partners, as well as on-site professional services support such as installations, post sales transition, and configurations upon deployment of software.
- Liaised with Product Development and Marketing departments reporting on industry/market trends, competition, and proposed new product functionality.
- Provided technical analysis as well as collaborated with sales to develop cost justifications, to facilitate completion of RFI and RFP responses for various clients in an efficient manner and helped prepared sales package proposals.
- Managed interoperability and alliance between software solutions and customers’ strategic business plans.
- Helped potential clients understand, compare and contrast several IT solutions.
- Produced detailed phone support, and on-site evaluations of clients’ current software solutions.
- Engaged and coordinated implementation engagements with a +90% success ratio.
- Served as Project Manager/Team Lead with the participation of 10 team members, developed, updated, disseminated training materials for 10 software products with a specific timeline.
- Mentored individuals for the Professional Development Program, training non-IT professionals to become support personnel.
- Was one of the ‘Go To Guys’ for difficult situations/clients.
Delivery Consultant and/or Solution Architect services to major financial institutions I.E. Barclays (UK), Kasikornbank (Thailand), Royal Bank of Canada, Banque National du Canada, among others.
- Determined requirements, Designed, and then Deployed Data Privacy process and successfully meld various complex relationships into a cohesive business process.
- Resource person on the functionality to both Compuware’s software and the client’s own software environment.
- Mentored local consultants, foreign consultants, non-bank consultants in both evaluations and interpretation of the project results.
- Addressed concerns and provided pro-active concepts to the client to maintain the quality of data as well as reducing QA costs. This lead to a 20% reduction of time and material costs.
- Targeted training on usage of the software.
- Designed and implemented pilot projects/POCs to completion and presented the solution to the stakeholders.
- Proactively advised on best practices within the industry and provided various industry resources.
MONTREAL TRUST / BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA 1984 to 1996
Principal Analyst & Team Lead
- Team Lead responsible for financial systems, including payroll, human resources, general ledgers, accounts receivable and accounts payable within the Trust Unit.
- Supervised analysts responsible for critical financial, HRS and payroll systems. Systems.
- Apprised management of more efficient methodologies to ensure better business decisions.
- Provided guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to the team to achieve key results for internal clients & users.
- Coached and matured the skill level of direct reports in order to continue their long-term development and ensure solid succession planning and departmental success.
- Liaised with Payroll, HR and Executive Offices as a subject matter expert.
- Created “What if” scenarios and provided support for non-technical end-users.
- Worked with the Finance Team to determine the ongoing business needs and requirements for the reporting of all assets, sales, redemptions, management fees, trailer fees, and advisory fees
Education And Professional Development
B. Comm. - Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting 1979
Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec
IBM DB2 DBA for z/OS 2008
International Business Machine, USA
CIPP/C. – Certified International Privacy Professional/Canada 2007
CIPP/IT. – Certified International Privacy Professional/Information Technology 2008
International Association of Privacy Professional, USA
CCENT. – Cisco Routing and Switching spring 2014