Mobile: 416-876-2979 · Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Over seventeen years of experience as presales engineer and consultant in the software industry, combining high-level sales and marketing knowledge with deep operational experience, technical savvy and cross-functional communication abilities. Extensive experience supporting sales initiatives, managing customer relationships, handling customer service calls and consultations, and maximizing client ROI on software solutions.
Areas of Strength
COMPUWARE 1996 to 2013
Leading provider of IT software, services and best practices to deliver peak performance for technologies worldwide.
Sales Engineer & Consultant
- Provided technical analysis concerning Data Privacy to facilitate completion of RFI and RFP responses for various clients, with 85 percent success ratio.
- Delivered high-impact presentations to clients leveraging strong technical skills.
- Managed interoperability and alliance between software solutions and customers’ strategic business plans.
- Helped potential clients understand, compare and contrast several IT solutions.
- Collaborated with sales to develop cost justifications, business proposals and responses to RFI/RFPs.
- Engaged and coordinated post-sales implementation engagements.
- Helped close a minimum $2 million dollar sales 13 years in a row.
- Anointed to learn, support and sell two entire product lines, due to the unique requirement of both English and French support and sales.
- Contributed to a team that achieved a minimum 97 percent maintenance renewal.
- Liaised with Product Development and Marketing departments, perform client sales management, and report on industry/market trends, competition, and needs.
- Maintained extensive and specialized knowledge of COMPUWARE’s products, customers and competition, to enhance customer service ability and stay current on company offerings.
- Produced detailed phone support, personal product demonstrations and on-site evaluations of clients’ current software solutions.
- Responded to requests for information or pricing in an efficient manner and prepared sales package proposals.
- Trained and lectured clients, staff and executives on various solutions, including Data Privacy and Application Auditing.
- Facilitated customers and partners, as well as on-site professional services support such as installations and configurations upon deployment of software.
- Created, updated and disseminated training materials for 10 different software products on both mainframe and mid-tier/distributed environments.
- Served as Project Manager/Team Lead developing and updating training material with a specific timeline and with the participation of 10 team members.
- Gained proficiency in MS Windows, MS Office, Salesforce.com, and Data Privacy Solution Mainframe.
- Was one out of two people chosen (out of 24) to be a mentor for the Professional Development Program, training non-IT professionals to be support personnel.
- Worked in various realms, including ETL, Data Privacy in the testing space, Data Management and Data Optimization for both short-term and long-term sales cycles.
MONTREAL TRUST / BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA 1984 to 1996
Premier financial institution providing personal, commercial, corporate and investment banking services to individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, corporations and governments.
Principal Analyst & Team Lead
- Oversaw the team responsible for financial systems, including general ledgers, accounts receivable and accounts payable within the Trust Unit.
- Apprised management of more efficient methodologies to ensure better business decisions.
- Provided guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to the team to achieve key results for clients.
- Coached and matured the skill level of direct reports in order to continue their long-term development and ensure solid succession planning and departmental success.
- Liaised with Payroll, HR and Executive Offices as a subject matter expert.
- Gained proficiency in COBOL, IDMS, and IBM Multiple Virtual Storage
- Created “What if” scenarios and provided support for non-technical end-users.
- Designed major conversion project for Pension Plan Changes/Acquisition (BNS).
- Worked with the Finance Team to determine the ongoing business needs and requirements for the reporting of all assets, sales, redemptions, management fees, trailer fees, and advisory fees.
- Knowledge of security concepts, tools, and procedures to react to security incidents, to ensure that security personnel are anticipating security risks and guarding against them.
CIPP/C: Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada
- Demonstrates understanding and application of Canadian information privacy laws, principles and practices at the federal, provincial and territorial levels.
- Requires completion of Certification Foundation Exam and CIPP/C Exam.
CIPP/IT: Certified Information Privacy Professional/IT
- Entails understanding privacy and data protection practices in the development, engineering, deployment and auditing of IT products and services.
- Necessitates completion of Certification Foundation Exam and CIPP/IT Exam.
IBM Certified Database Administrator – DB2 9 DBA for z/OS
- Validates capability of performing intermediate to advanced tasks related to database design and implementation, operation and recovery, security and auditing, performance, and installation and migration/updates specific to the z/OS operating system.
Concordia University, Montreal, Québec
Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting (1979)